Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin appointed Chalmers Pak Burch & Adams attorney Michael G. Adams to the State Board of Elections. One of six members appointed by the Governor, Adams will represent the Republican Party.
“It’s our responsibility to see that elections are conducted lawfully and fairly,” Adams commented. “I’m honored to take on this role and serve the voters of Kentucky.”
The State Board of Elections is an independent agency tasked with administering the Commonwealth’s election laws. Duties of the Board include:
- Ensuring compliance with federal and state election law
- Supervising voter registration and the voter database
- Appointing representatives to the 120 county boards of elections
- Training county clerks and county board members
- Certifying election results
Click here to visit the State Board of Elections website.