Campaign Finance and Election Law
Chalmers, Adams, Backer & Kaufman, LLC
Political Law | Elections
The Right Mix of Law and Politics
Complying with federal and state campaign finance and election law is more complex today than ever before. Every state, along with the federal government has its own campaign finance laws and ethics rules that regulate contributions and expenditures, plus a wide variety of disclosure requirements. Political opponents may scrutinize your every step, looking for the slightest mistake to highlight. One mistake – either real or perceived – can land you in front of a campaign finance commission and on the evening news.
From initial set-up documentation through ongoing disclosures and defense against complaints, Chalmers, Adams, Backer & Kaufman advises and protects a variety of entities, including:
- State and federal candidates and elected officials
- Political action committees
- Political parties
- For-profit and non-profit corporations and trade associations
We'll Make Sure Your Headlines Stay Positive
Chalmers, Adams, Backer & Kaufman has the expertise and credentials to protect your best interests, and creative programs that provide cost-effective, ongoing support rather than the expensive, hourly billing programs of other firms. We’re here to answer your questions, and we pick up our own phones.
- How do I set up my campaign or political committee? Chalmers, Adams, Backer & Kaufman creates and files all required documentation
- What do I need to disclose, with whom, and how often? Ongoing planning, guidance and disclosure documentation review
- Is this smart? Legal? We’re here to advise and answer your legal questions about solicitations, contributions, expenditures, or anything that may impact your efforts
- What happens if there’s a complaint? Chalmers, Adams, Backer & Kaufman will quickly and aggressively defend you in front of traditional courts and commissions, as well as the court of public opinion
Click here to learn more about our Lobbying and Government Ethics services.